Are you a proud professional engineer? Do you know someone who is an engineer? Maybe you’re in the process of obtaining your licence to become a professional engineer?
March 1, 2019, marks the second annual Professional Engineers Day or P.Eng. Day in Ontario and it’s the perfect opportunity to celebrate the innovative work and expertise of the engineers in your life and across the province!
What is P.Eng. Day?
- In March 2018, OSPE received formal recognition from the Legislative Assembly of Ontario that every March 1st be declared Professional Engineers Day in our province.
- P.Eng. Day recognizes the vital role that professional engineers play in designing, creating and safeguarding our province. They are on the front lines of innovation and create paradigm-changing solutions that drive and improve the world around us.
Why Celebrate P.Eng. Day?
- At OSPE, we believe Ontario’s engineers deserve credit for all the great things they do in every sector of our economy. That’s why we set out to create a day that officially recognizes and thanks professional engineers for their significant contributions to the continued success of our province.
- The creation of P.Eng. Day in Ontario is just one example of the proactive steps OSPE is taking to advance the professional and economic interests of Ontario’s engineers.
How Can You Participate in P.Eng. Day?
Help us celebrate P.Eng. Day and promote the importance of the engineering profession in Ontario by:
- Profiling engineers from your company or workplace
- Hosting a coffee or tea appreciation hour
- Taking a photo of yourself, your engineering colleagues, or the cool projects you are working on and sharing them on social media using the hashtag #PEngDay
- Sharing or retweeting one of OSPE’s prepared social media messages on March 1st
Share one of these social media messages on your favourite channel:The world around us just “works” but that’s no accident – it’s the work of Ontario’s #engineers. Happy #PEngDay to all the engineers in my life! Click To Tweet Shout out to Ontario’s #engineers for making our world work! #PEngDay Click To Tweet #ProfessionalEngineers are leaders, doers and innovators. I’m proud to celebrate the engineering profession with my colleagues across the province! #PEngDay Click To Tweet
Download one of these animated GIFs for social media:
Right click on the GIF of your choice; save the GIF to your device; then add the GIF to your #PEngDay post on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or LinkedIn.
Mark your calendars! We look forward to celebrating P.Eng. Day with all of you on Friday, March 1st.
Special thanks to Huijie Xu, an Earth & Environmental Science and Engineering & Public Policy student at McMaster University, for contributing to this post.